Admission & Procedure Requirements
All Students must be 18 years of age or older. Must have a
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent, must be able to stand for long periods at a time, must be able to bend and lift dogs. Student must not be allergic to dog fur. If student has a criminal background this might affect in getting hired if it is a hiring requirement.
Transfer of Credits
It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice. The transferability of credit you earn at Le Plush Pet Grooming School is at the complete discretion of an institution to which you seek to transfer. Acceptance of the diploma you earn in as a Pet Groomer Artist is also at the complete discretion of the institution to which you may seek to transfer. If the diploma that you earn at this institution is not accepted at the institution to which you seek to transfer, you may be required to repeat some or all of your coursework at that institution. For this reason, you should make certain that your attendance at this institution will meet your educational goals.
The acceptance or transferability of credit you earn at other institutions is not currently accepted at Le Plush Pet Grooming School, nor has it entered into any articulation or transfer agreements with other schools. Le Plush Pet Grooming School does not grant credit for prior experiential learning.
Re-Admission & Denial Entry Policy
If a student drops out of the program and seeks to re-enter the school, the Director will evaluate the reason for the drop and determined if the student will be granted re-admission. The decision to re-admit a student is at the sole discretion of the school’s Director, IF the re-admitted student was dismissed or dropped out of the program because he or she was a threat to the school, the students, or the school’s personnel, he or she will not be re-admitted back in the program for safety reasons. If the student in question for re-entry has difficulty lifting pets or standing, this may cause for further evaluation of the student’s re-entry.
The student must re-enroll within 6 months from the drop date in order to maintain the same tuition price. If it has been more than 6 months, and if the tuition has increased, the student will have to pay the difference in tuition cost.
In order for students to making satisfactory academic progress towards our certificate program, absenteeism must be kept to a maximum of 5 days to maintain specific grade averages and proceed through the program at a pace leading to completion in a specific time frame (one and one-half times the length of the program). Satisfactory progress is measured in clock hours.
Each week you are expected to sign in the attendance forecast sheet and clock in our attendance tracking time clock system. We expect all students to adhere and honor your forecasted commitment. If students find that they must miss a class, they are expected to notify the school prior to the start of class or on the day of the absence. Graduation requires the completion of 600 clock hours and any missed time will extend the length of (months) of your program.
Leave of Absence
A leave of absence (LOA) is a temporary interruption in a student’s program of study. A leave of absence must meet certain conditions, for it not to be considered a withdrawal of which requires Return Calculation.
1. Le Plush Pet Grooming School has a published LOA policy, which states that all requests for leave of absence must be submitted in writing, including reason for request to the Registrar or a designated administrative staff for approval.
2. An Approved leave of absence cannot exceed 180 days within a 12-month period.
Make Up Policy
Students may make-up failed or missed course work with the permission of a school official, it is the student’s responsibility to request make-up time, as well as to complete any assignments, exams or other work missed. Students may be allowed to attend an alternative schedule as long
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Should a student’s enrollment be terminated or cancelled for any reason, all refunds will be made according to the following refund schedule:
1. Cancellation can be made in person, by electronic mail, by Certified Mail or by termination.
2. All monies will be refunded if the school does not accept the applicant or if the student cancels within three (3) business days after signing the enrollment agreement and making initial payment.
3. Cancellation after the third (3rd) Business Day, but before the first class, results in a refund of all monies paid, with the exception of the registration fee.
4. Cancellation after attendance has begun, but prior to 40% completion of the program, will result in a Pro Rata refund computed on the number of hours completed to the total program hours.
5. Cancellation after completing 40% of the program will result in no refund.
6. Termination Date: In calculating the refund due to a student, the last date of actual attendance by the student is used in the calculation unless earlier written notice is received.
7. Refunds will be made within 30 days of termination of students’ enrollment or receipt of Cancellation Notice from student.
1. The school Director can terminate a student from the school if the student is absent for more than 14 consecutive days.
2. If the Student has insufficient academic progress.
3. If the student fails to comply with any/or all rules and regulations of the school.
4. Non-Payment of the tuition
5. Failure to complete the program within the maximum timeframe outlined in the catalog.
Complaint Handling Procedure
If a student has a complaint, we offer an open-door policy. The complaint will be handled accordingly and a complaint form will be completed and placed in the students file. The process to handle a student’s grievance in the event that a student has a grievance with the school in regards to any event they must report it to the Director of the school in order to resolve the matter. The academic appeals or disciplinary actions are not handled in a capricious or arbitrary manner but instead given careful consideration by appropriate levels of the administration. If no resolution can be made by both parties then the student can appeal to the Commission for Independent Education (CIE).
Student Advisement Assistance
When the student successfully completes the program(s), the school will assist the graduate with job placement at no additional charge. We also provide the student with the following advisement programs; personal, financial, and career. Please understand that this is not a job guarantee. There is not a direct or indirect guarantee implied. Graduated are not required to take a State examination in order to enter into the field of Pet Grooming or Pet Groomers Assistant.
Top Professional Pet Groomer.
procedure and most important a happy Furry Friend.
taught by the professional and owners of Le Plush Pet Grooming School!